Look out for our Christmas Float starting w/c 4th December in Patchway, Chalton Hayes, and Stoke Lodge. As well as the collection tins you can donate using the QR code below.
Go and check out the light show in Redfield Road, Patchway, who are raising money for the Scout Group.
2nd Patchway Scout Group currently has over 70 young people, male and female, between the ages of 6 and 14 years coming to its meetings at its Headquarters every week.
Based at the Group Headquarters, Worthing Road Patchway its section meetings follow the progressive training programme provided by the Scout Association. These include age/ability related challenges and games based around themes such as Outdoors and Adventure, Culture and Community all whilst its members are having fun!
There are three Sections meeting at The Scout HQ:-
Beaver Scouts for youngsters aged 6-8 years
Cub Scouts for 8-10½ years
Scouts for 10½ -14 years
Youngsters in these sections are all offered a chance to take part in a terrific programme of activities including trips and visits to places of interest at a cost which is affordable to all, all under the leadership of our team of trained uniformed adults – more volunteers are always welcome- see the ‘contact us’ page.
For more information on Scouting in Patchway please continue to explore this website.
If you would like to help the group in any way please contact the GSL using the contact form.
History of 2nd Patchway Scouts
| 2nd Patchway Scout Group was started by Frank and Gladys Wallace in June 1941, with many of the boys coming from the then disbanded 1st Patchway Scout Group. |
At first, the group met in one of the out-buildings belonging to Calicroft farm, or at 44 Worthing Road, depending on weather. In 1942, the group registered with the city and county of Bristol, changing there name 220th Bristol (2nd Patchway) Scout Group. A few years later, 1946, the group moved their headquarters to one of the huts at the barrage balloon site, near Bradley Road. Which had been used by the air balloon corp: during the Second World War.
Sometime after 1949 and before 1957, the group changed its scarf colours from green to black and white. They also moved from Bradley road, to the present site at Worthing Road.
There has been two other name changes in the group’s history, on the 2nd November 1967 the group officially changed to 220th Bristol Air Scout Group. Whereas, on 1st July 1974, the group returned to its original name 2nd Patchway Scout Group.